Saturday, October 28, 2006

Directional synchronicity: Seat #5

Funny, after I posted that I had a dry spell, I had two synchronization within a week... I just haven't gotten around to posting them. They are related, so I'll put them together in this blog.

I was at the airport getting ready to get on a plane to Philadelphia. My ticket was for row 5. In line behind me, I overheard a woman say to her husband, 'we just need to find someone in row 5 that will be willing to switch with you." Now, if I were nice, I would've turned around right there and volunteered. However, I didn't know where they were sitting, and because I'm a little particular on where I sit, (nobody likes a middle seat), I didn't say anything. Well, when I handed my ticket to the flight attendant, she said out loud, 'you're in row 5'. The woman behind me overheard and asked me if I would switch with her husband. (Busted!) As it turned out, he had an aisle seat only three rows back, so I said ok.

Then the funniest thing happened. While I was sitting in my seat in row 8, I overheard a conversation between two men in row 7. I would not have heard them if I had been seated in my original seat. They talked about synchronization for a good 15 minutes. It sounded like they had some good stories as well, but I couldn't hear everything only bits and pieces.

Yes, universe. I asked and you answered. thank you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First you had a dry spell and now...when it rains it pours. In this case it's pouring out synchronicities. So cool.:)

About switching seats: I would have done the same thing for the same reason.

Anonymous said...

So kewl!!! This is so very interesting. -- Promila

I can leave comments from my blog, as I have moved to beta.