Monday, July 13, 2015

Mirror Synchronicity: The origin of the Vulcan symbol

When I first started this blog, I said I would only blog when I had synchronicities. I was very good for the first few years and then it fell off. Well, I have had several synchros in a row that were quite odd. I felt that I needed to come back to posting to here when things happen. This is a record for me to remind me of the nature of the universe.
So anyways...
A couple of days ago, I was in a Half Price Books store when an older woman came up to me and told me that she liked my t-shirt. It said, "Happiness is an inside job." (Nothing to do with Star Trek.) She asked me where I got it, which I thought was an odd question. I was slightly embarrassed to say that I still shop at Forever 21. Sidebar. Anyways. She randomly started talking about the Vulcan symbol and how she could never do it until the day "he" died. I asked if she was talking about Leonard Nimoy and she said yes. She mentioned that he borrowed the symbol from a Jewish gesture. The conversation was a long and strange encounter, and odd enough for me to tell my husband about it later that evening.

Tonight we were catching up on last night's Jeopardy. Leonard Nimoy was a category, and there was a question about the greeting that originated from a Jewish gesture. I didn't capture a picture, but the question was, you guessed it, "What is the Vulcan Salute?"

You can learn more about the Jewish origin of the Vulcan Salute here.

No comments: