Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Mirror Coincidences: The Wicked Witch


Sometimes I am flooded with symbols, though I haven't yet mastered the art of interpretation. This past week I had dinner with a friend who I hadn't seen over the holidays and she gave me the book Wicked, which I already had, but I appreciated nonetheless. Wicked, for those of you who don't know, is a 'backstory' to the Wizard of Oz about the life of the Wicked Witch of the West.

Then today I was websurfing and landed on Meritt's blog talking about her latest Mantra, which of course involved our favorite witch.

Thirdly, tonight at Toastmasters, a guy referred to his ex-wife as (you guessed it) "The Wicked Witch of the West". Or is it East? Anyways three references in one week definitely warrant blogging. So if I were to find meaning in it all, what would that be? Beware of green people?

No comments: