Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Directional Synchronicity: Ride the Rush

This is only going to make sense if you play poker, but I vowed to document all synchronicities...so I will try to explain.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I was just in Vegas.  I play 2-4 limit hold-em.  A player next to me taught me the term 'rush' which means that when you win, you keep on winning.  It is a very strange phenomenon.  I would not win for 4 or 5 hours and then I would win 5 or 6 hands in an hour.  It kept happening, but I never knew was a name for it.  Anyways, when you are in a 'rush, ' you will make hands that you would not normally make.  I made an insight straight on the river and won like $20.  The next hand I was in the exact same situation.. I had 4 out of 5 cards that I needed but the odds of the 5th card coming up were pretty small.  I decided to stay 'in' anyways and take my chances.  I turned to Mike, the player who taught me about 'rush' and said, "What did you say about riding the rush?" and sure enough, the next card that came up was the exact one I needed.  I'm not a statitician but the odds of hitting the inside straight 2 hands in a row are pretty small!  I consider it a synchronicity i guess.

1 comment:

Gustav said...

I think you might enjoy reading my blog as much as I've enjoyed reading yours.