Monday, June 25, 2012

Mirror Synchronicity: Woe of the Road!

My friends Jenn and Kyle are editors of a book titled Woe of the Road: Tales to make you never want to leave your houseThe title of the book is rather self explanatory - the book is about embarrassing or woeful moments that happen while traveling.

Full disclosure - I have an article in the book.  Again, I think the title well summarizes the content:  The Impala, the Valet, and the Everlasting Fart. 

But I digress.

Woe of the Road is a great read, and I'm not just saying that because I'm in it.  It won Grand Prize for the Best Anthology in the Beach Book Festival.

The prize included cash and a trip for Jenn and Kyle to the awards ceremony in New York.

On the way to New York, to accept an award for the book on travel woes, Jenn and Kyle's bus caught on fire.


Truth is stranger than fiction.  As might be expected, this delay gave them a great anecdote for their acceptance speech.



2 comments:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Wow! An intriguing synchro, for sure.

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

You know the skeptics are just going to say that they set the bus on fire,don't you ?-)