Monday, June 11, 2012

Mirror Synchronicity: Worst Ways to Die

Those who don't believe in synchronicities will surely scoff at this one.  I have a history of being led to  books.  I have written about synchronicities more than once, here, here, and also a synchronicity story I wrote about in my book that I never posted.

I felt directed to Half Price Books, although I wasn't sure why.  There was no book I had in mind except for maybe something related to the Death Cafe.

I was just about to leave the store, figuring my hunch was wrong, when I turned around and found three copies of this book for only $3 each.

The reason I found it to be synchronous is because the Death Cafe was on my mind.  The art images that we printed on t-shirts to raise money for the Death Cafe event were all based on ideas of our worst fear of dying.  (Mine is crocodile, what's yours?)  Here are the images that we are putting on t-shirts:


I had never heard of this book before, but I thought they would be good to have on tables at the event as conversation starters.

2 comments:

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

I know only too well what you mean about the book syncs.And here is something funny,I just got an e-mail from KICKSTARTER telling me my payment of $55 to the Death Cafe failed due to an expired credit card.
Which was true,and I have now payed with my reborn credit card.So no need to worry,the money has been paid and I'm looking forward to wearing my
"Death by Shark/Poison" t-shirts.
It would be great if you could film the event...with the audiences permission of course,so people like me
(who live in Australia) can see what it was like.
And wishing you lots of success,Lizzy.

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Great synchro! I know what you mean about being led to books. The same thing happens to me.