Monday, February 26, 2007

An epiphany - I'm an empath

Soooo... my friends make fun of me because they think that I'm a wanna-be psychic. Ok - so it's true - I do have a fascination with psychics, but mostly because I think it would be a challenging way to go. You have so much more knowledge of the world out there, but you can't control what you know. Recently I had a psychic party at my house where a psychic named Marc came in and did readings for my friends. I LOVE Marc because he's so wise... I mean he's accurate too...but he's also just a pleasure to talk with.

Anyways...after everyone left, we started talking about his business and how challenging it is to market psychic services. I got the sense that psychics don't usually have other people interested in them - I offered to give him some marketing tips (I have a background in marketing) and he said he was interested.

Flash forward to today and I was chatting with another friend about my helping Marc with his marketing. We were talking about psychic ability and that Marc had told me at one time that I was telepathic. My friend said, "Are you?" and I said - no... I'm just really good at reading feelings. I can notice minute changes in people's faces and I can tell when they're upset but they're hiding it. He said it was a talent and I said it wasn't because most of the time I notice it before people know it about themselves.

I ended up talking to Marc the psychic for an hour and at the end he thanked me and told me that I was helpful. He pointed out to me that I had coached a life coach. Which is pretty funny. So I don't know how this popped in my head because it didn't come from Marc (or maybe he put it in my head) but the word empath came to me.

I just googled it and the first website that I came across had a wonderful description. And low and behold... I 've been 'psychic' all along. I can't read people's thoughts and I can't see into the future or dead people, but this website describes me to a T. It's like everything suddenly makes sense. I've always known that I was overly sensitive to others - which is why I can't even go to sad movies - I've got extreme taste buds...and i just thought I was a freak. Well, I still may be, but now there is a name for people like me (besides freak...). Anyways... interesting website:
http://mysilentecho.com/

Let me know what you think...

2 comments:

Forgetful God said...

To be honest I think telepathy is an interesting word and not what we think it is. Under all the perceived "language" there is a flow of thought/insight/emotion that goes through our consciousness...this flow is connected to everyone (because we're all the same mind anyway) and it is only when we accept that we CAN hear it/manipulate it that we start to realize we are all telepathic. Hearing people's thoughts isn't really hard, you just have to stop creating your own. It's like listening to someone talk...you can't hear them until you stop talking yourself.

Sincerely,

A Forgetful God

Astrology Reading said...

Telepathy one of one the psychic abilities.