Thursday, February 08, 2007

The universe and life lessons

Last year was a rough year. I had to work with someone who I felt was in my life to cause me pain. I met someone, D., who was in a similar situation where she had to work with a difficult person and when I asked her how she dealt with this royal pain, she said something very interesting. She said that she just figured that she was put in the situation for a reason and the universe wanted her to learn something from that person. Sometimes when you're 'in the middle of it' you can't see the purpose, but later, you understand. This perspective helped me get through the worst times last year, and as awful as they were... I now wouldn't change them. It's a cliche, but I do believe what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's funny I am having the same experience! I get along with everyone at work except for this one person!!
But I eventually learn a lesson..
and that is appreciate the ones who treat me right! It's better to have 1 person treat u wrong then 19203291 billion people. (: