Monday, July 14, 2008

Directional Synchronicity: Postcrossing

There is a website for word of mouth marketers, of which I am a member (www.bzzzagent.com).
On the website, they have a feature called 'Frogpond' which links to other websites and tells you to go to them and check them out and write reviews and forward to your friends, etc. Most times in the past when I checked out the recommended websites, it was something that was of little interest to me or required a fee. I hadn't looked at a frog pond website for months. And then, for some reason, I decided to go out there again and lo and behold I found Postcrossing.

Postcrossing (www.postcrossing.com) is for people who love to send and receive postcards. It was like the website was made for me. Every time I travel, I send postcards to a whole huge list of people. The problem is that I have stopped traveling so much. I know I could still send them anyways, but it's not as fun. Postcrossing is a website for people to send and receive postcards all over the world. It's set up in a way that you get what you give (kind of like karma). In other words, you can't receive a postcard until you send one. Once the recipient registers your postcard, your address will pop up for someone else to send a card to you.

I just signed up and mailed my first batch of postcards to five different countries a couple of weeks ago. So far, two of my postcards have been received and I have since received one. Today, I just addressed my next two postcards to Austria and Michigan. It makes me look forward to getting the mail every day. If you get into postcrossing as a result of this blog, let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like postcrossing too!

Mama from http://www.sirpriz.com from france
Free swap gift community