Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Rosicrucians

I'm going off the map here a little bit to share my experience last night with a local Rosicrucian meeting. First of all, my knowledge of the Rosicrucians is limited. My grandmother was a very active member in the 1940s and later, but she died when I was 11 so I didn't get to hear much about it from her. My recent personal awakening has been quite life-changing and it has been difficult for me to share my experiences with people who are still swimming at the surface... So I felt I needed to develop more local relationships with like-minded people. The library down the street from me was the location for the meeting, it worked with my schedule and it was free... how could I not go? There was an awkward moment in the beginning for me when I man I just met wanted to hug me hello and I blocked him. I worried that I hadn't been there 5 minutes and had already offended someone! He was understanding and the group was amazing. How pleasant to be around others who are so full of love and joy! And how wonderful to be in a room with like-minded people. I am now beginning to understand that although each journey is a personal one, it doesn't hurt to have companions along the way.

Anyways, if you're not familiar with the Rosicrucians, you can learn more about them here: http://www.rosicrucian.org/home.html

No comments: