Monday, February 07, 2011

Directional Synchronicity: A gathering that was meant to be

I meet with a small group of people who casually get together on Sunday afternoons to discuss the book "The Disappearance of the Universe." Last weekend I had pretty much decided that I wasn't going to go because I would rather go to a movie with my dad. On Saturday night, however, my dad called me and told me he wasn't feeling well and wouldn't be able to go to the movie on Sunday. So I decided to go to the meeting after all.

During the meeting one of the members had a breakthrough and a revelation about needing to face her grief over the loss of her father several years ago. It was potentially a pivotal life moment for her, right there in that meeting, with tears streaming down her face. Several others were moved to tears as well and it was a cathartic experience for all.. It was then, during discussion, that we discovered that NONE of us had planned to attend the meeting and we all had similar things happen that redirected us together.

1 comment:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Great post! It certainly does sound like this gathering had to happen!