Friday, August 05, 2011

Directional Synchronicity: Distracted Driving

I was talking on the phone to a friend while driving. Completely engaged in my conversation I was stumped when I arrived home and found that my garage door opener was not working. I tried several times and then realized that I had driven to my old house that I had moved out of two months ago. We still own the house, and I still have a garage door opener for that house that works, but I was attempting to use the garage door opener to the new house on the old one.

I continued to talk on the phone as I backed out of the driveway and as I was passing the front of the house, my phone completely shut off mid-conversation. I assumed that my battery had died, but when I turned it back on, I still had 50% power and a strong connection. I could only assume then that the universe wanted me to get off the phone. I asked myself, "What am I supposed to pay attention to?" and I looked up at the house and saw that there was a newspaper by the mailbox and a phone book on the front porch. Both items I would not want to be sitting in front of my house. I also think that the disconnection was a stronger message from the universe to get off the phone and pay attention to my driving.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

luckily you got disconnected in time.

have a lovely weekend.