Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Directional Synchronicity: Do it yourself


Lately I have been working towards publishing my first ebook based upon my Shared Death Experience with my aunt last year. I have done some design work and I was originally going to design the cover myself. However, when I kept coming up with drafts and asking people for their opinion, my head was filled with too much 'advice.' Discouraged, I decided that I wasn't a designer and gave up and contacted a professional designer. He said he could do it and then while I was waiting for his design, I had second thoughts. I had told him I wanted a piece of chocolate cake on the cover but then I had changed my mind. I also realized that I probably won't make a lot of money from publishing the book and it would be quite a while before I would even break even.

Well, my desired deadline came and went and despite multiple emails, the "professional" designer was not responding. I realized then that I was back where I started. I had a book but no cover. Yet, I felt that the universe was telling me that I was supposed to it myself, and so I did. I actually am happy with the results. Now, you might not see this as a synchronicity, but I have learned that sometimes when things do not work out the way I planned, they actually turn out better.

I heard a joke the other day, "If you want to see God laugh, tell him your plans."

Oh, and if you're interested in reading the book, it's available on Amazon for $0.99. What a steal!

2 comments:

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

It looks good,unfortunately I'm of that old school who don't read e-books,but if you make a hard copy of it let me know.
And I really like that cover,by the way.

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

Seeing your surname is Miles,
I thought you might find some interest in this post of mine called
"After Death Communication ? Part 1 (Birds,Butterflies and Bows)"

http://brizdazz.blogspot.com/2011/06/after-death-communiication-part-1.html

There are YouTubes of a singer by the name of Pete Murray,who grew up in a small Queensland town called "Miles".
My Great Grandmother lived there and I only ever payed one visit to that town,and that was to attend her funeral when I was about 9 or 10,with my father and Nana.
His songs are quite good and I own most of his CDs,but you make up your own mind on whether you think he's good or not.