Sunday, August 30, 2009

Directional Synchronicity: Modern Day Manners

Lately I have been lamenting that no one is returning my calls. I have multiple friends who normally are very good at social graces. Suddenly ALL of them are not calling me or writing me back. These are even people who don't know each other. I was starting to feel very alone and rejected. The coincidence of it all was just too much to take. Then it hit me. It's not about me. It's not about them. Right now, I have things I want to accomplish and I have not been focused. I have been procrastinating and using my friends to do it. Whenever I didn't feel like staying on task, I was calling friends to go out to lunch or dinner or just get together. The universe took my friends away from me temporarily so that I can get my work done this summer. It was a harsh way to do it, but I wasn't focusing on my own, so the universe decided to 'help me out a little bit'.

very funny. I get it.

No comments: