Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mirror Synchronicity: Reincarnation in Pop Culture

I'm not sure if this a synchronicity in the true sense of the word, but I have noticed recently that reincarnation has been mentioned in two different television shows this season. First off, episode 10 of Mental (watch here on Hulu) has a character who is a reincarnation of someone from the early 20th century. The second show's entire premise is based on reincarnation. Drop Dead Diva is about a woman who dies and then in heaven when she is being evaluated she breaks the rules and pushes a button and gets sent back to earth in another body. The premise is that it's a model-type that is sent back to earth to the body of someone who likes doughnuts a lot. I expected the show to be bad and didn't even record it but I decided to watch one episode later and then I liked it so much I went back and watched all the previous episodes that I missed. The point of the show is that the woman is back to learn lessons.

Now I certainly can't say that I know how reincarnation works, but I am pleased to say that both of these shows fit within my schema of how I think it works (with the exception of the computer in heaven...). I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts...

8 comments:

GYPSYWOMAN said...

hello - just dropping by after having seen your comment over at the macgregor's synchronicity place - i really enjoyed your post on reincarnation - i too had noticed the airing of the issue on the media - in any event, feel free to drop by any of my places should you be so inclined - i have several - some in infancy still - and i'm very new to the whole blogging scene - hope to see you around again soon - till then - namaste' - jenean

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Google Carol Bowman. She has a great website, forum, and a blog on reincarnation. Fox supposedly has a new series coming up on reincarnation.

Christopher Myers said...

My wife and mom got me to watch a bit of that second show, it's not for me, lol. I think the "fat girl" is got a pretty face and all she would have to do is drop about 50 to be hot, but I am pretty shallow that way.

Anyways this is the best thing I have ever seen on the subject. There is another American boy that has a similar interesting story (with a book to boot aka promote) along with it. But this one didn't seem like there were any agendas. Watch it you wont be disappointed!

Extraordinary People - The Boy Who Lived Before.
http://www.guba.com/watch/2000869810

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

A 253-year-old Taurus. You guys are really long-lived!

Intuitive Girl said...

I've noticed an increase in TV offerings about reincarnation too as well as a lot of metaphysical topics. Lifetime network, believe it or not, tends to feature a lot of movies about the supernatural and I've seen two on reincarnation specifically on Lifetime.

A New Soul said...

I totally forgot to mention the Nicole Kidman movie "Birth" with the 10 year old boy who she believed to be a reincarnation of her dead husband. I was disappointed with how they chose to end it though.

A New Soul said...

Intuitive Girl - I didn't know that lifetime had those kind of movies...I will have to take a closer look. Thanks for the tip

A New Soul said...

"C" - I will ignore your comment about the 'fat girl' since I like her a lot, but thanks for the heads up on the Boy who lived before...I had never seen that show. Ian Stevenson has done a lot of research on the subject too, but I have never seen a video.