Monday, November 14, 2011

Directional Synchronicity: Right Time, Right Place

My friends Tom and Ross are from the metaphysical group I belong to. They wanted to go on an excursion and a bit of a ghost hunt to Granville, OH. The plan was to have dinner at the Buxton Inn, which touts itself as "America's most ghostly country inn." I cancelled the first trip we had planned because I was not feeling well, so we went the following week.

After dinner we were exploring the basement of the Granville Inn, which is across the street and also known to be haunted. We ran into D., an employee, who just happened to be drawn downstairs at the same time we were there. I was sitting across the room from him and I could see in my mind's eye a spirit attached to him. It felt loving and very fond of him and interested in him. I assumed it was one of the Inn's ghosts but when I told him, he said he had felt that his grandfather was with him. He was having some personal challenges and so it was a comfort to him for me to validate what he had already felt on his own. He expressed delight in meeting us and within minutes we all bonded and exchanged information and D is planning on coming to our next group gathering. When we left the Inn, we remarked at the timing of it all with my having cancelled the prior week and D's decision to walk downstairs just when we were there.

So now, you might be asking yourself if we saw or felt anything, and the answer is yes. I saw movement several times, and felt the energies. But unfortunately (like the first time I had experienced spirit activity when my aunt was dying) I was unsettled. Even though the spirits were benevolent, I really did not enjoy the experience. I will not be attending any other ghost hunts.

No comments: